Gardiner Backpack V3 with Battery & Connectors
Gardiner Backpack V3 with Battery & Connectors
Easy, Portable Pure Water!
Do you ever need to do Pure Water cleaning somewhere there's not a convenient water source? The Gardiner Backpack may be the answer! This backpack is Version 3 and Gardiner's most popular and reliable backpack to date.
It is the perfect complement to a van-mounted system and ideal for difficult to access areas.
Does The Gardiner Backpack V3 Filter The Water Too?
No, the Gardiner Backpack V3 is for storage and use of Pure Water only. There are no filters built onto the backpack. A separate Pure Water system must be used to purify the water.
Does The Gardiner Backpack V3 Include A Waterpole?
No, this is just the backpack. It doesn’t include a waterpole, but the pump on the backpack will work with one waterpole up to 50+ feet. So it will work for whatever height you need to work at. It comes complete with the connectors needed to hook it up to a waterpole with 5/16 inch or 8mm hose.
How Long Will I Be Able To Clean With The Gardiner Backpack V3?
The Gardiner Backpack V3 has a variable flow rate 60 PSI pump. It can be adjusted from .25 GPM to .5 GPM. It has a capacity of 6 gallons.
The battery gives up to 9 hours of use from each charge.
What’s Included With The Gardiner Backpack V3?
When we ship your Gardiner Backpack V3 from Detroit Sponge, it comes complete with the following:
- Gardiner Backpack V3
- Battery (uninstalled)
- Battery charger
- Claber Aqua Stop Adapter
- Anti-Snag Quick Connect
We’ve made setup simple. We ship the Gardiner Backpack V3 with all electrical connectors and fittings installed. All you have to do is charge the battery, hook it up, connect to a waterpole, and fill with Pure Water to start cleaning!
Features & Specs
- Quality pump & controller: 12V powerful, compact and quiet 60 PSI pump with variable flow rate from .25 GPM to .5 GPM
- Long lasting: Up to 9 hours of use from each charge
- Voltage indicator gauge with twin LEDs
- Padded, removable backpack straps
- Molded handle for more secure carrying
- 1.5m flexible orange outlet hose (fits 8mm barb fittings)
- Santoprene pump seals and diaphragm with high resistance to wide range of chemicals
- Capacity: 6 gallons
- Weight: 17.6 pounds (dry)
- Dimensions: H 22 inch x W 13 inch x D 7.5 inch
- Sealed 12V 12AH battery is REQUIRED
- 240v power leads (such as kettle and computer leads) are not compatible with this backpack for charging and will destroy the unit if used.
- A blade fuse between 3 and 10 amps must be used with this backpack. Using a different amp blade fuse will invalidate the warranty on the backpack.
- The backpack is warrantied for use with Pure Water only. Due to health and safety reasons, no warranty returns will be accepted if the backpack has been used with any chemicals.
- Any modification to this unit will invalidate the warranty on the backpack.
Health & Safety Considerations
- It is not recommended to work a full day with the Gardiner Backpack V3 on your back. Rest frequently and schedule changes in work routine throughout the day.
- It is not recommended to use the Gardiner Backpack V3 if you have a history of back injury or issues. A cart or dolly can be used to transport the unit instead.
Backpack Use & Battery Charging Instructions
To use the variable flow controller on the Gardiner Backpack V3, push the on/off switch to the upper “ON” (I) position and then turn on the unit using the flow control silver dial until the desired flow rate is reached. When desired flow rate is set, you can then switch on and off to this speed using just the on/off switch. For full flow rate push the switch to the lower “ON” (II) setting.
The battery comes UNCHARGED. It is recommended that you charge the battery fully until the green LED on the charger illuminates before first use. The battery charger will show a red LED while charging and when battery is less than full.
To read the voltmeter: Turn the pump switch to the lower “ON” (II) setting. When the green light shows, this indicates the backpack is fully charged. When just the yellow light (or red light) shows, it indicates the backpack needs re-charging. Failure to do so and continuing to use the backpack in this battery state could damage the battery and shorten its lifespan.
- For prolonged battery life and to avoid battery cell damage, it is best to keep the battery charged as often as possible, preferably after each use.
- Only charge the unit using the supplied battery charger. Do not use a computer lead or similar.
- If using with chemicals, always ensure that the unit is rinsed out fully and the pump and hose are flushed through for a few minutes with Pure Water before storage.
Do you still have questions about the Gardiner Backpack V3? Email us or give us a call, and we’d be happy to help discuss how it can improve your cleaning versatility.