Petzl I’D L Red Descender 1/2 Inch
A self-braking descender with an anti-panic function
The self-braking Petzl I’D L descender is primarily designed for work at height and rope access work. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at a workstation without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness.
- Designed for work at height and rope access work
- Easy to use:
- The safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the harness.
- Easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings.
- Includes an anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope.
- The ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables comfortable control of the descent. Two possible descent modes:
- On the side plate
- Or in the V-shaped friction channel
- The anti-panic function automatically stops the descent if the user pulls too hard on the handle.
- Allows smooth movement along inclined or horizontal terrain.
- The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at a workstation without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged.
- The handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness.
- Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, for making a reversible haul system or for easy short ascents, for example.
- The cam can be manipulated to feed out slack easily or belay a lead climber using climbing techniques.
- The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits.
- An auxiliary brake, open or closed, may be added to improve descent control depending on the weight and rope diameter.
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone.
- Maximum working load for one person: 150 kg
- EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
- EN 341 type 2 class A when used with a Petzl PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope
- EN 12841 type C when used with a 3/8 to 7/16 inch (10 to 11.5 mm) EN 1891 A rope
- EN 15151-1 when used with a 3/8 to 7/16 inch (10 to 11 mm) rope
- ANSI Z359.4 when used with a 3/8 to 7/16 inch (10 to 11.5 mm) rope
- NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 3/8 to 7/16 inch (10 to 11.5 mm) rope
This is the descender ONLY. The red Petzl I’D L is compatible with 1/2 inch (12.5 to 13 mm) rope and allows handling of loads up to 617 pounds (280 kg). The yellow Petzl I’D S for 7/16 inch rope is also available. See the related items below.