Gardiner 14 Inch Universal Sill Stiff Hot Water Capsule Brush (2 sets pencil)
Designed to clean sills better!
The Gardiner Universal Sill brush is for cleaning the surface of the window as well as all the corners, deep into the frames and sills, so the whole window comes out sparkling clean.
The stiffer, shorter side bristles protect against the brush impacting the frames. The longer side bristles give this brush a wider radius, over 12 inches.
There are a lot of waterpole brushes on the market, but Gardiner’s Ultimate Sill brush is the most innovative brush available. You may decide to make it your all-around brush.
Bristle color may vary.
This is a STIFF bristle brush. It is designed for use with HOT WATER. This brush is not designed for tougher scrubbing. You may want to add a scrub pad holder or Gardiner Super Scraper for really dirty windows.
- Universal Sill Brush Style: A robust all-around cleaning brush for getting into every corner, frame, and sill. Cleaning everything with one brush! The robust side bristles protect the brush from impact and abrasion in use. Also popular for soffits, fascias, gutters, and conservatory roofs.
- Dual Trim: Inner bristles are a shorter length, allowing for easy splay.
- STIFF bristles: All STIFF bristles
- HOT WATER use: Use with water temperatures of 167 degrees F or less
- Bare weight: 11.99oz
- Block length: 14 inches
- Maximum bristle width: 16.14 inches
- Average lifespan: Up to 6 months
- Best use: Cleaning sills, fascias, soffits, gutters, and frames, with HOT WATER
If using wide fan jets, some bristles may need trimming for full spray width.
What’s the Gardiner Square Lock system?
All of Gardiner’s brushes use the Gardiner square lock system. The square lock gooseneck snaps into the square lock brush socket on this brush and is held together with a metal button to keep it from coming loose.
The Gardiner square lock system gives you a firm attachment that won’t come loose like Euro thread fittings. So your brush will always stay in place and won’t spin around.
What’s the Gardiner brush capsule system?
Most brush jets are pressed into the brush block and difficult, if not impossible, to change once they’re installed. Gardiner has found a solution to this problem with their quick-changing capsule-style brush jets. These capsules twist in and out with ease, or you can use the capsule widget to make it even quicker and easier.
Your Gardiner brush will come with two black 2mm pencil jets already installed. But don’t let that limit you. Try the smaller 1.4mm pencil jets (blue) or the larger 3mm pencil jets (green). There are also fan jets available in either 50 degree (red) or 100 degree (grey).
With brush jets that are so easy to change, you can try them all!
What comes with the Gardiner Universal Sill brush?
The product listing is for one brush. Two are shown in the image for a better representation of the bristles. Also included are the following:
- One Square Lock brush socket (installed)
- Two pairs of black capsule-style pencil jets (2mm)
- One 3-way t-fitting with clear 6mm hose (not pictured)
Why is the brush important for Pure Water cleaning?
The brush is the main point of contact between you and the window. The bristles scrub the dirt off before the Pure Water can rinse it away. You want bristles that can splay out over the window for good cleaning coverage. Different shapes of brush or types of bristles can make a difference on how the brush cleans. See the Waterpole Brushes category for other brush options.
What’s Hydrophobic Glass?
Most windows create a nice sheeting action during rinsing. This allows for a thorough cleaning of the glass surface, leaving no spots behind.
Sometimes, windows don’t rinse as easily, the water beads and doesn’t rinse as completely. These windows are referred to as hydrophobic.
There are a number of ways to combat hydrophobic glass:
- Bronze scrub pads can help bring a window back to hydrophilic.
- Fan jets can help, with their fine spray pattern.
- A rinse bar can help, by giving you more complete, even glass coverage.
These add-on options are listed below in the related items.
What about really dirty, first-time cleanings?
Sometimes, the brush alone isn’t enough to clean really dirty windows that haven’t been cleaned in a while. There may be hard water stains, bugs, bird droppings, or other environmental contaminants stuck to the glass. The brush is made to lift dirt from the glass to allow the water to flush it away, but sometimes the brush needs more help.
Gardiner has a couple of helpful accessories to clean really dirty windows:
- Gardiner Swivel Pad Holder w/Square Lock: Attach to your gooseneck and add the scrub pad of your choice (we suggest the bronze wool pads). Add the Gardiner Square Lock Double Adapter to use your brush and scrub pad holder at the same time.
- Gardiner Super Scraper: Available for different style goosenecks and in regular or long lengths. Use it as a plastic window scraper, or attach the included scrub pad for focused cleaning.
Keep in mind: Stains that have been sitting on windows for long periods may require chemicals specific to the stain. Hard water stains can etch into glass over time. Once a window is etched, it can only be machined or replaced.